My first blog entry showed the first step in rehabilitating an old chest. You can see step one here: http://lumberjocks.com/lumberjane/blog/15489
My next step was to add some feet to the case to get it off the ground and add some visual interest.
Then I started working on the top. I made a straightforward cherry and walnut top. It was so-so. Then one of my students made a great suggestion and presto, the curved top was born (thanks to Ellen K. for her design ideas).
Next I added some drawers.
Now that the basics are done, it’s time to add doors and drawer fronts.
(Check out my website for tips and techniques as well as other woodworking info)
Thanks for looking.
-- Kate, http://www.wooden-box-maker.com