I got a commission for a king size bed from a person who purchased several of my pieces. She liked the scalloped designs I used on the aprons of a coffee table and wanted it incorporated in the top of the headboard design along with some alternating oak and walnut slats. I drew a design on some graph paper and she approved it and wanted me to use my imagination to complete it from that point.
Started it yesterday and made some descent progress. The headboard is made of spalted oak with 3/8” walnut inlays.
It was surprisingly easy to cut the inlays for the walnut strips. My router and a good 3/8 spiral router bit made a nice clean cut.
I laminated some oak for the posts this afternoon and hope to get them sculpted tomorrow.
This is turning out to be a fun project.