We’ve been using a chrome IKEA set of shelves for medical supplies and pots and pans. Our daughter wanted it back, so the alternative was to add a set of cabinets. This is the top cabinet sans handles. My first attempt at cabinets. I am working on three more units to complete the set.
So more of those as they progress.
Yeah, I know it doesn’t match the existing cabinets, but we are going to move, so it doesn’t really matter.
I had planned to make the doors with the MLCS shaker bit set. I made a sample door for Momma and she did not like it. The orders were flat doors that do not catch dust and cooking grease for her to clean. So I already had the parts cut for raised panel doors. I hope the desert low humidity does not cause these to swell enough to tear apart. If they do, it is back to square one and a plywood center. lol
Thanks to patron for several bits of advice on his visit and this went super easy. Thanks David for the tidbits of your experience. I have worked at remembering as much as I can of your helpful gems.
I have one more small top cabinet to cover the wall and end of this cabinet yet to make. The carcass of the bottom section is done, and the doors are complete. I have to make the drawer and face frame. Then the fourth will fit 90 degrees to cover the end of the bottom cab and end of the wall.
I’ll add each as I complete them to this blog.