Hey all! Now this next step was really one of my favorites so far. Gluing up the body! Using Titebond 3 and all the pistol grip clamps I could get my hands on, I glued everything together.
This is a picture of it after the clamps were taken off. I made the top and back oversized so that I could route them to size after glue up.
While routing it, I set it up to make a groove in the side. This is so that I could apply the binding.
The binding I use is a white plastic that is easily bent. It is applied with an acrylic cement and held in place by masking tape.
After removing the tape, I had to shave down the excess binding with a card scraper. It is really starting to look fantastic.
Next up for this project is the neck of the guitar. That will take a while so I’ll be taking pictures and posting entries when I can. Hopefully within the next month or so.
-- There's nothing like the feel of a wood shop.