Haven’t had a lot of time for updates, but have made some good progress on the bench. Got the large mortise and tenons done for the top,and added the spacers for the top to create the split aspect. Have to say it works as well as I expected keeping tools out of the way but within reach.
I have already got half the tenons done for the stretchers, forgot to get a picture.
So I figure my to do list is as follows:
1) Fine tune the top Mortises, I’m a little off square
2) Finish the Tenons for the stretchers
3) Make the Mortise for the stretchers
4) Cut the V bottom for the Sliding Deadman bottom, and the long rabbit for the Deadman top.
5) Make the Sliding Deadman
6) Assemble with drawbore pins
7) Add Tail Vise and Leg Vise
8) Drill Dog Holes
Wow that list is actually a lot longer than I thought. Wish I had more time, but I guess I am making decent progress.