The octagonal table project is making some progress! I have now successfully routed the leg(not totally satisfied).
Some of you have seen the problems I was having and gave advise that were very valuable.
Another valuable resource could be found here:
I have attempted to fix some of the tear out I had with a mixture of solutions.
the first solution attempted on one of the legs was to use epoxy and saw dust (from the same wood) the result was pretty good but I did not get the same color. The white Oak got more brown for reason unclear to me yet. Cutting out that small portion of the leg and glueing an equal piece was not successfull. That leg was redone.
On the second leg were the bottom part of it was badly teared, I attempted to cut that portion and re-glue another one, then reroute it. It came out “so-so” so I redid it as well.
The third leg got a crack and a chip out as seen in the picture below. This one I was able to glue it and fill some.
The final result is 4 leg that I can use. I still need to cut 2 rabbets at the top and sand.
I now move to refinishing the table top: That’s another challange.
-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA