LumberJocks

Episode 62 chest part 2

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by kosta posted 04-14-2010 05:04 AM 997 reads 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch

In this episode I start working on the top part of the chest.

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/



2 comments so far

View Gregn's profile

Gregn

1642 posts in 2444 days


#1 posted 04-16-2010 10:41 PM

Appreciate Your video. Good to see young people enjoy woodworking. Your right about walking away when frustrated with a project. A little time away can put things back into perspective. Now you know why woodworkers have so many projects started. LOL I enjoy seeing you using hand tools, I teach kids to use them first as they are just as important as power tools are. I did notice when you were using your Jig/Saber saw You had a little bit of jump at the start of the cut. I assume you are using a blade where the teeth cut on the up stroke, Try a blade that cuts on the down stroke you will get less jumping in your cut. I learn this the hard way. Just thought I would pass on the suggestion to you. Look forward to your next episode on the chest. Keep up the good work.

-- I don't make mistakes, I have great learning lessons, Greg

View kosta's profile

kosta

946 posts in 2815 days


#2 posted 04-16-2010 10:54 PM

Yea I dont use the jig saw very often so I got some cheap blades. Usually for a cut like that I would have used my scroll saw and I would have been able to get much closer to the line but at the time I was out of scroll saw blades. In the past the only hand tools that I would use would be clamps. When ever I can use power tools I will but for some things there really isnt anything that can replace a card scraper. I use power tools about 90% of the time. The other 10% is usually a card scraper clamps or a surform shaver.

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com