As you see, i have finaly come to the last part of the flower carving. I have the rough shape, and started the last part of sanding and detail shaping. I have always loved this part when it comes to these types of carvings, when at last the image i have had in my head takes form and gets Sharp, its like tuning a lense. The Picture finaly gets Clear, at this stage i have a hard time letting go.
On this Project im working in the livingroom, you might have noticed :) Its cosy in my little logg cabin when the winterstorms are blowing the snowdrifts far up on the window like now. I am working in front of the open fireplace on a smal bench With a rotating topp on, so i can turn the Project in any angle and direction. I just use the vacumer and fasten the tipp Close to where i work and most of the dust gets sucked in.
Yes, i hear you girls, this aint bad at all, you should have seen the time i lived in the city as a Young student. I put up the woodturning lathe in the bedroom, my current partner was less than pleased when she came home. This Project produse little dust and i have never put up the lathe in the house again, i can still remember the lesson i got back then. :)
These next couple of pics are from the painting prosses, they are of a bit low quality, so sorry for that, but its the only ones i took. The reason is that i had the Paint lying around for a couple of days before i got started. But the night i did get a burst of creativity it happened late at night, and i just could not stopp. So i only remembered to take a few pics, and finished the painting and afther-polishing in one night and morning marathon.
I decided to try a New approatch here, i wanted some kind of pigments i could work With in a different way than Paint and the normal ones i use. So i decided to go With watercolours.
It was pretty interesting, and i learned some New stuff. As you see i have the magnifier With lights in at the ready :) well, not mutch for this Project, but its Nice to have. And a second movable led lamp With a different type of light next to it.
In the end i decided against using wax or a variant of wax. In stead i went for a benar oil mix, to be putt on in layers of different thinnes and polishing between, i polished it to 1200+ grade wet.
I was realy realy afraid the pigment would float up With the oil, but i had worked it well enaugh and it all came together better than i had first expexted.
I was totaly exausted afther i finished it, i get so focused i just forgett time, its realy meditative. My friend was just ower and took these last pics for me. Im not even quite sure how many hours i have used totaly, time have just run by wile working on it.
And a pic of the sleepy woodcarver at last. At least my friend had time to putt a effect on the pic :)
I had great fun on this Project, and i have to say im just looking forward to getting to know the dremel closer and see what i can do With it on other Projects and in other materials. For a first try im pretty happy With the result, il take some HDI pics later and post a finished Project on it when i get around to it. Hope you enjoyed Reading and that you liked my little calla lily Project :)
-- Bard son of iver