As I said in the previous blog, I had today off. It made for a short 3 day weekend. I have to say that my weekends always go super fast. I think it’s because I have a ton to do, so I always end up getting busy doing things I don’t want to do. For instance, I had to drive to get my daughter today and she lives 1 hour away. It took almost 3 with traffic. It’s not that I didn’t want to get her, it’s that I didn’t want to drive. Plus I wanted to go a lot earlier then I got to, but her mom had things to do.
Anyhow, I got the inlay done today, and all the color applied. I clamped the inlay on right before I left so that it would be ready when I got back. When I returned two of the clamps had fallen off and one of them damaged the cabinet. I was madder then a wet hen and almost lost it. I did throw a couple clamps down in frustration, but felt like kicking the crap out of everything. I don’t know how these things happen. It seems like every project I do, when I am almost done something happens. The last project I did for them I had the top half of it leaning against the garage door and like an idiot opened the door. It came crashing to the floor and caused damage. Everything always gets scratches somehow, even when I don’t go out there. I think the garage is cursed.
Here is the Damage. It will be a challenge to fix.
Here is a slideshow of the rest of this weekend work. As you can see I redid the patch last week. It wasn’t good enough before, and still isn’t as good as I would have liked. Those little letters are a PIA to cut out and inlay. I’m hoping to have this project wrapped up within the next week and will post it in the project section. This will be the last blog on this project. Thank you for reading. As always I welcome constructive criticism, positive or negative.
-- ~ Inspiring those who inspire me ~