Well day 5 was nearly a complete bust. LOL. I pretty much routed the shelves and frames. I also did some sanding. Other then that I went to pick up the paint and then worked on the bunk bed Heidi and I built for our girls. So I worked until about 2 yesterday and that was it. I didn’t get a chance to work on the project at all today because we rushed to finish the bed and then had to drive the 1 hour one way to get my daughter. I have to say 2 hours of driving isn’t very fun every sunday afternoon. It really cuts into my work time. I only do my customers stuff on the weekends so to loose that 2 hours really effects my production. Anyhow here’s the progress. I carved the columns to make it look as though the routed detail stops square into the crown. It will all make more sense once it is installed. I believe I have decided to take the easy road on the back so I can just get this project done. I should be able to prime and paint it next weekend. I need to try to be determined enough to get all the sanding done and the cabinets papered off by the end of the week. That way I can just spray away first thing saturday. Maybe get the primer and 1 coat of paint on Saturday. That would be cool.
I wasn’t going to route anything. I thought I was pretty much done when I showed you day 4’s pics. However the designer came by and said she thought it was to plane. Well I don’t understand because that is what I drew and what was signed off. I almost said that the check was to small. It is no surprise to us woodworkers that the difference in sanding a routed edge is much more difficult and time consuming then sanding a square edge. So the labor increases. What can you do though. This is a repeat designer so I’ll take care of her as I know she will bring more work in the future.
As always I welcome constructive criticism positive or negative.
-- ~ Inspiring those who inspire me ~