Well we were able to put about 6 more hours into the bench project this weekend. The display cabinets have been consuming our free time, but I’ve decided to stop working on it at 5 and work from 5 to 8 on the bench. We still need to sand it all, screw it all together and shape the arm rests. It’s just sitting there and the mortises are what’s holding it together. I put the seat slats down onto it so I could test the comfort. I need to shape the front slat and radious all the corners so that it feels a bit more comfortable. It’s also about 1” to high. I was shooting for 18” but then decided to make the seat curved. The 18” ended up in the back and it’s about 1” higher in the front. So the legs need cut down. It’s all simple stuff, but adds up a lot of time. I’m still unsure about what I want to do about the color and finish.
Anyhow, here it is. As always I welcome constructive criticism, positive or negative.
-- ~ Inspiring those who inspire me ~