Today I cut feet, milled dadoes in them and attached them to the legs of the table.
Then I routed a rabbit in the top frame to accept 3/4 in OSB. After I cut the OSB, I marked out and drilled holes for bolting the jointer down. Then I marked out where the belt would go through the table to attach to the motor.
After that it was just a matter of bolting the motor to a piece of plywood and drilling and cutting some slots in the plywood to give me some adjustment for tightening the belt. I attached a switch to the leg, and to finish up I added a hook on the other side to hold the cord when not in use. The hook was my wife’s idea.
The only thing left to do now is add a cover to the switch and give the table a coat of BLO. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.
Thanks for looking.
Oh and the cost is still only up to a few bucks for the paint I used on the jointer. The lumber has a few cracks and some predrilled holes in it from previous uses but it still works.
Here is the picture of the stand with a coat of BLO cut 2:1 with mineral spirits.
-- Measure twice, cut once, then rout a whole bunch