OK here is part 2 and the part I found most interesting .
I hope you looked at part 1 which was about the basic construction method .
The color part was what puzzled me and I am surprised that no one besides Paul had a guess .
I am showing the pictures in reverse order and at the last picture it will all make sense .
This is the finished BUTTERFLY
Here you can see the accessories ,pipe cleaner ,plastic wire ,fridge magnet .floral sprays which I colored black and these are held on with glue and the pipe cleaner is bent around at the front and some glitter glue applied to the wings .
Sprayed front and back with a couple coats of hairspray to stiffen the paper and hold the shape better .
I did not paint the back which could be done to hide whatever happens is on the back.
The folded front and back wings ready to be taped together .
Using a black felt marker to add a black outline .
Both pieces pre folded and ready for the second folding .
All the layout marking for the folds done on the backside .
The patters placed on the paper and the arrangement of the pattern normally takes a bit of playing around to get the best composition of the front and back ,here I just placed them as best I could on the picture because of size .
I wanted to use something that relates to wood working but just abut any picture from a magazine or book will work and it’s a lot of fun guessing of what the final result will look like .
Here is the original picture .
Please let me know what you think and if you enjoyed this blog .