It was enjoyable building the cradle, but there were a few things that caused me some grief and hopefully this will help someone else avoid the same mistakes.
I used Peruvian Walnut and thicknessed it to 7/8”.
The rockers were made from Tigerwood (Congolo Alves) and were finished at 1 1/4” thick.
Length of this cradle was 39”, width was 16”.
If you require any other measurements, let me know and I can get them (I know the owner).
Here is the PDF from Leigh which I found later in the process, and the key points for me.
Cutting the dovetails required an additional bevel on the ends of 1.5 degrees to close the joints.
Compound Dovetails on the Leigh jig can be accomplished, but you need to angle the lumber away from the jig by 1.5 degrees when cutting the tails. It requires building an angled jig to do so.
In addition to that, the inside of the tails need to be beveled at about 1.5 degrees to close the joint. I did mine with a hand plane as the pieces were too large to manage on the table saw.
As I mentioned earlier, I really don’t understand why some of these angles are there, but it does work and inside of the cradle is 90 degrees.
The other thing I learned was that a rocker with a gentle curve rocks faster than one with a more pronounced curve. You may see when you look at my photo of the rockers fitted to the bottom, that they are not the same as what I ended up with.
Upon cutting them out, I found they rocked much too quickly side to side, and when I increased the curve, they slowed down.
That doesn’t make any sense to me either, but it works.
I think I could build another one now, and it would be quicker and not as difficult to struggle through, and the most important thing was I learned how to use my Leigh jig to build compound dovetail joints.
Thanks for following my journey!
Life is Good!
-- Randy "You are judged as much by the questions you ask as the answers you give..."