Well, my first attempt with the spray bottle and torch from the previous post was successful for one board, but took way too much time and I have a few other projects going at the same time. So I decided to soak all my pieces in the bathtub overnight. The next evening I clamped all the boards together on the form and let dry overnight. After drying, I took off all the clamps, added a couple new holes to the form that I learned would have been nice to have on the dry fit. I rolled glue on each piece and clamped back on the form. I’ll let this dry another night and see what I get!! I have a few strips of young juniper, a few strips of ceder, and a few strips of old juniper, I’m hoping the colors and grain will flow together well after sanding down.
-- Juniper Canyon Design