After not being able to get any work on my workstation done the previous two weekends, I finally got to spend some time on it this past weekend. There wasn’t huge progress, but it was a step forward. I got the saw actually attached to the base finally, and installed the router table extension. I also got the sides for the drawer that goes under the saw cut and painted. I also installed the slides for it to the case.
I plan on making a fence for the router that will attach to the saw fence. It looks like it should work and I’ll even be able to use the tape measure on the left end of the rail for the router (if I even need to).
One thing I never even thought of, but worked out perfectly was the location of the switch. as it turns out the bracket I made for the switch overlaps the side just a bit. Means it didn’t have to be relocated, and now it’s more secure.
One problem I did run into though was at the other end. I’m not sure how I missed it, but I made the frame for the downdraft table about 3/4” of an inch short, and about 1/8” too tall so that’s going to have to be redone. I’m just glad I found it out before having it completely done. The router top does overhang that end about half an inch, but that was planned, so I’m really not sure what happened. Well, as I always say, if it was perfect it’d be because someone other than me did it.
Unfortunately, this next weekend is already booked up timewise as well so it’ll be a couple of weeks before I can get back to this again.