After getting the headboard finished, I started on the side rails. I’d been thinking throughout the process about a way to get the mortises for the hardware into the end of the side rails, and I hadn’t come up with anything. I was tryi...
|View jonah's:||home||workshop||projects (2)||blog (14)||reviews (8)||forum topics (11)||buddies (0)||favorites (13)||activity log|
None so far
687 posts in 2718 days
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 2 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 14 »
I started on the headboard, naturally, with milling (and milling, and milling) the various parts down to just larger than their final size. I neglected to take a picture of my wood pile before I started, so you’ll have to use your imaginatio...
I started with what I was sure was going to be the easiest part of the bed: the footboard. It’s pretty simple: two ~18” high 3 1/4” square posts with a taper on two sides and a ~58” rail. After milling the parts, I laid ...
I started designing this bed quite a long time ago. Originally, it was a more arts-and-crafts style, but my wife didn’t like the style and asked if I could make some changes. After looking at the bed Marc Spagnolo recently made we made some ...
I had a bit of time at the end of this week to finish up most of the router table extension I’m building for my Ridgid TS3650. I got the lip routed out for the lift to sit on, though that ended up being relatively annoying to get precise. I ...