About the end of August I decided I had better get started on building something or would have nothing for Christmas. I started the layout and cutting material for the build. I had resawed a bunch of maple for drawers on my toolbox build so had quite a bit of maple about 5/16 thick that I planed down to 1/4” and cut up some walnut. I was just getting ready to start glueup when a friend called and wanted to know if I wanted to run the Main Salmon. That was a no brainer of course I wanted to. Fires and smoke prevented that but we got a permit for the Rogue R. In Oregon, so after that trip it is the middle of Sept.I did get started on glueup of the truck with only another week delay. I had to go fish the St. Joe the first of Oct (trying to make the October Caddis hatch). Just before thanksgiving I finally had the truck glued up and started cutting out the boom parts.
Truck bed with rear outriggers and turntable mocked up nothing glued.
cab glued to chassis
Making template for turntable and outrigger support
Bed bored for turntable, turntable and support installed, everthing glued up.
turntable and outrigger stops glued up.
It Thanksgiving and time for another trip to Coeur’d’Alene to my daughter’s.
-- Bruce, Boise, ID