Finshed. While applying the finish I realized there was no hardware on the lid for opening it. It is exactly the same size as the box. The only way to open was friction on the sides of the lid.I laid one of the drawer pulls on top of the lid and it looked pretty good. I took an extra couple of days and ordered another drawer ring for the lid. After the last coat of shellac I epoxied in the escutcheon for the locks. The drawer pull came in today.
The box has 2 coats of amber shellac on the oak. and 4 or 5 coats of clear, The bubinga in the drawers and the lid have about 6 coats of clear shellac. I sanded between each coat.
This is the best job I have done on a project to date. I am really happy with the way it came out. Now I have to line the drawer bottoms with felt and figure out what tools to put in it.
-- Bruce, Boise, ID