LumberJocks

Garage Cabinets #7: workbench fronts and top

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by John Lowell posted 08-23-2014 10:23 PM 1774 reads 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 6: Started with the lowers Part 7 of Garage Cabinets series Part 8: French cleat system »

another weekend, and working on the garage, again. Cut, shaped and edged the 3/4 in ply first layer, then cut and shaped the 3/4 top layer. Used small sheet, hence the three parts and mismatched backsplash. Also mounted the cab doors and drawer fronts. Need to do a better job on the drawer fronts, just have not figured out how. I tried dbl stick tape, but the drawer was slightly inside the cab so not enough pressure to stick. Oh well, slightly different spacing but it is in the garage. First three coats of poly on the top went in like a sponge. One the 6th and last tonight, but looks fine. Only three more uppers and some french cleats and I will be done.

jeepers, had trouble loading the photos, but I think they are in now….. tablet challanges.

-- Trying, but lots to learn.....



3 comments so far

View NormG's profile

NormG

5499 posts in 2464 days


#1 posted 08-24-2014 12:28 AM

Very nice

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View NoThanks's profile

NoThanks

798 posts in 989 days


#2 posted 08-24-2014 01:04 AM


Need to do a better job on the drawer fronts, just have not figured out how. I tried dbl stick tape, but the drawer was slightly inside the cab so not enough pressure to stick.

- John Lowell

On occasion I have drilled the holes in the drawer front for the handles. Then when I have the drawer lined up and in place, I screw the front on through the handle holes. then pull the drawer out and secure it from the inside and take the screws out of the handle holes.

Cabinets look good, lots of storage. I like how you left a spot for the chairs.
Good Job!

-- Because I'm gone, that's why!

View John Lowell's profile

John Lowell

135 posts in 1441 days


#3 posted 08-24-2014 10:53 PM

Tks, the fronts were drilled, did not think about screwing them on from the front first. Will give it a go next time. The space for the chairs was due to one of the first cabinets being slightly out of square, but the open shelf works nice.

-- Trying, but lots to learn.....

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com