I just started to recondition my first hand plane! I am not going to say restore just yet because I am not confident in my restoration process. I basically have just taken it all apart and cleaned it up. It was pretty rough when I picked it up off Ebay. I got it for 6 bucks and about 12 for the shipping. So for about 20 dollars I think I picked up a good deal.So far I sanded it all and polished the screws frog ext. I left the adjusting knob on and polished that the best I could. I didn’t want to take that off just yet and mess it up. I painted the bed and sanded the tote and knob. Then rubbed some oil on it. It looks sooo much better. Not new but very nice I think. The tote has a crack in it but I think will be fine for awhile. I am going to use this plane. So the frog is good but the chip breaker and the blade look pretty bad. I think I may pick some new. First though I will try to clean them up and sharpen the blade to see how it runs. I may lap it as well but I have to get a set up. I checked it and it seems very flat. So I haven’t the pics yet but will post as soon as I take them. I have a couple from when I first got it but I just wanted to write this up whilst I had the time and the energy!!!