With the legs and trim cut and sanded I taped up the glue areas and stained them with a general finishes mahogony stain.
The staining went well, poplar seems to take well enough to the stain to give me the darker look that I’m going for. The next day I was going to start glueing everything up but when I got home from work my dragon age 2 pre-order was sitting on my porch.
Wednesday I was able to put the controller down long enough to start glueing parts on plywood frame.
Glue up took a a few days because I glued a few pieces at a time to make sure everything went on correctly. I was worried that if I tried to glue everything at once that I wouldn’t get everything in place in time.
Everything went well with the glue up and I was able to start finishing this weekend.
So far I’ve got about 4 coats on the base and I should be able to add a few more in the next few days and I can start on the top.
-- Easy to use end grain cutting board designer: http://www.1024studios.com/cuttingboard.html