Like many of you, I ended up catching a case of the winter flu last week. So that forced me to spend my “day off” in bed recovering. But that is past me now and I was able to spend a little time in the shop and work on my daughter’s bed.
There really isn’t anything incredibly unique here, but I wanted to share some of the photos of the progress.
I found some drawer slides on Amazon for reasonably cheap. I ended up paying around $75 for ten sets of 18” 100lb, full extension ball bearing slides… with free shipping!
The drawers were built out of construction grade 2×8 SPF lumber that was resawed down to 5/8. I then cut box joints using my screw advance box joint jig. It proved to be a little finicky as it was very precise and I had to keep adding and removing shims from my dado stack to get it cutting EXACTLY .25 inches.
The main unit is comprised of three sections. There are two sets of drawers on the ends and one cabinet in the center with a shelf and doors. Here I am getting the measurements for the doors.