So, in my last BLOG entry I posed that I was considering posting products on ETSY. I got a lot of good responses. Now the decision of “WHICH ONES”. If you do not know, ESTY has a “Sellers Handbook” available on its site. Problem is that it is all in little segments and, therefore, not easy to print. However, as I am doing a real careful search and study on this, I copied all of the important sections and pasted them into a WORD document, all 100 pages.
They, also, suggest doing a careful study of what you will place on the site. If your product is just like everyone else’s, then what the point. Or if your product does not stand out, priced wrong, bad pictures, vague descriptions or whatever, then NO SALES.
So what do I post?
1. Something I enjoy making.
2. Some product that is different than those I see on the site, today.
3. Well written descriptions as the customer can’t hold or touch the product.
4. TAGS that will allow search engines (GOOGLE, ETC.) to find me site and product.
5. GOOD photographs – take 20 or 30 and use 5 or 6.
6. Reasonable shop polices, for both the customer and for you.
7. MOST OF ALL, GREAT customer service. BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the sale.
Thanks for looking and I will keep you posted.
-- Just learning the craft my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ practiced.