I have been asking questions and seeking information about Consignment store opportunities both in my BLOG and through other sources. As I described I ran across a Consignment store opportunity that seems like the perfect starting point. The basic details are.
1. You lease store shelf/floor, wall space by the foot. A three foot shelf will run me about $20 per month.
2. I set the selling price of all items I have in the store. I also place price tags on all items per store instructions.
3. The store owner, or others, will man the store and make all sales. They also collect taxes on all sales and are responsible for that end of the business.
4. They will receive 15% of the selling price of each items sold.
5. I agree to store PERCENT off sales when those are run.
6. I pay my lease fee on the first of the month.
7. I receive a check for all items sold (minus the 15%) and a detailed listing of the items sold.
8. I can still be part of local Arts and Craft shows as I choose.
9. If I choose to drop out of the store I would only lose my deposit fee, which is minimal.
I have several friends that have space in this store and they are doing OK. I think, based on Arts and Crafts shows I have attended, that my scrollsaw work will sell better that other type of craft items. All of this seems WIN-WIN to me. I am excited to have this type of opportunity and will keep anyone following up on details. I think timing is perfect headed into the holiday season.
Thanks for all the replies that I have gotten and the encouragement offered.
-- Just learning the craft my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ practiced.