I’m trying something new, to insert a picture and comment on them in order so we’ll all know if it
The first picture is the bearings as I found them and it appears someone tried to ” shim ” by dripping blobs of Babbitt. The next picture shows me melting the old Babbitt out with a propane torch, lead Babbitt has a low melting point. The next picture is 5lbs of Stonewall Babbitt, $50. +$25 shipping. The size of half a girls softball. Nowhere I found told me how much I would need, they only recommended not mixing new and old since you wouldn’t know the composition of the old.
The next picture is melting the new Babbitt on a simple camping burner and a tiny Lodge pot with pour spouts.
The next picture is my shaft centered in the clean housing. I used plywood to raise it up and RakinPottery clay I had on hand to help center and hold in the molten Babbitt during the pour.