Late 1800's 12" Frank H. Clement jointer

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by jbswearingen updated 10-18-2018 02:26 AM 6 parts 3896 reads 11 comments total

Part 1: Purchase and rebuild

10-10-2018 02:27 AM by jbswearingen | 0 comments »

With my move to a bigger shop, I started hunting for a larger jointer to replace my 8×42” American Woodworking Machinery machine. I had the space but a limited budget. I found this about five hours from my house AND at the limit of my budget so I hooked up my trailer and set off. It was in rough shape cosmetically, but really needing only new bearings and blades. I tore it apart to repaint with Rustoleum Hammered black spray paint. Painting is done and reassemblyhas begun. ...

Read this entry »

Part 2: Painting

10-10-2018 02:29 AM by jbswearingen | 0 comments »

Rustoleum Hammered Black

Read this entry »

Part 3: Moving into my shop

10-10-2018 02:32 AM by jbswearingen | 0 comments »

I rented an engine hoist to get it off the trailer and into my shop. Went without a hitch.

Read this entry »

Part 5: Dust collection

10-14-2018 02:02 AM by jbswearingen | 0 comments »

I added dust collection this evening. Cleats are secured to the base with 1/4-20 machine screws and wingnuts. Port is attached to 1/2” plywood, which sits on the cleats. Ramps are 1/4” ply. Silicone caulk to seal. Rockler Dust Right fixtures.

Read this entry »

Part 6: Motor is rebuilt and repainted

10-18-2018 02:26 AM by jbswearingen | 4 comments »

Fresh paint and new bearings means the 1930’s era motor should be good for a few more decades!

Read this entry »

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics