LumberJocks

J Azuma's Blog

  • Advertise with us
This blog is written by J Azuma | 3 entries so far

Latest Entry

Dust Collection #3: Table Saw - Rigid 3650

05-20-2014 03:34 AM by J Azuma | 3 comments »

This guy has been an ongoing battle for a while and I motivated again today to improve it. I had closed in the open contractor frame with a bunch of plywood screwed into place (not caulked or sealed), a slotted plate closed up the back, and I hooked up a shop vac to the port on the arbor assembly. I feel that this collected about 95% of the dust. My problem was that the remaining 5% was being shot out from the blade right into my face. A great article in Fine Woodworking by Richard Babbitt talks about dust proofing contractor saws with the take away being that you have to seal up the gaps and strategically direct the airflow. I needed more airflow concentrated on a downdraft through th...

Read this entry »

Older Entries


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com