Nothing much to say, finally managed to get the upper cabinetry up, from scratch to end product took me 1 week.
Painting and lacquering the parts:
Drilling the pin holes for shelves:
Cabinetry glued and screwed together (upside down):
Since I did not know what was behind the sheetrock I was a bit worried because I did not know if I can put them up on the walls or not. So I had to check..
Good news was, I had a 1/2” piece of particle board put behind there by the last owner, bad news was that after the sheetrock and particle board came about 6” of space until the wall, which is unreasonable by any standards, no idea who came up with that particular idea. But not knowing where exactly my gas line runs behind the wall.. (I have a fairly good idea, just not great. :D) I did not dare to go through teh cabinetry with 8” screws into the back wall.
So in the end I went with heavy duty expanding 8mm plastic dowels, and 70mm x 6mm screws. So I put 7 screws per cabinet, altogether 21 screws per that cabinetry that is 900×1850x350mm made of 3/4 baltic birch.
I don’t know how much it weighed, maybe like 40lbs, but this thing will carry atleast 600 lbs, so if ever my fiancee kicks me out of the bed i can comfortably climb ontop of the cabinet and sleep it off. :)
The doors and all the hardware will go on once the bottom cabinets are done.
-- Measure twice, cut once, cut again for good measure.