I received an email stating that my truss rod was delayed in mail, so I cannot move as fast as I was expecting to on this portion. But it did give me a chance to go pickup a piece of maple for the fretboard and lay it out to give me the best look. The maple has a little curl to it, so hopefully once I get it polished out It will look real sharp with the contrasting walnut neck. Also, i have cut out blocks that I will start gluing up to create a radius-ed sanding block for the fretboard, it will have a 12” radius. It is cut out of 6 MDF pieces and once I glue it and true it, I’ll have a stable block to get the board just perfect. And here is a shot of my helper :)
|This blog is written by interpim | 4 entries so far|
Well, I am in the process of my first attempt at a guitar, and I have decided to go with Walnut t...
I found this saw for $20 today on Craigslist. It is a bit rusty and I need to replace the power ...
I know this isn’t really much of a project, but the start of a bunch of projects LOL. I ...