Will all the mortise and tenons done I could start putting the cases together. I started with the front and back, once those were done I put the frame together and then cut the long center divider piece and those matching mortise and tenons, for the sides to fit since my mortise location was not dead on.
Between all the dry fits and moving around I noticed that the top mortises were starting to weaken, in retrospect I should have left more material on the top of the piece and it’s also likely a few of them were more than a ‘snug’ fit. I also had a spectacular failure in that I learned the hard way that 16.5” is not the same thing as 1’6.5”. Woops.
In the end the dry fit of the frames went fairly well, many lessons learned, but that’s how it goes.