I thought this was going to be awkward and it didn’t dissapoint. I did another dry run using the strap and it went together perfectly, pulled it apart making sure everything was marked so it went back in the same way added the glue and would it go together properly…..................grrrrrrrrr.
I had to pull it all apart again, I still don’t know why it wouldn’t go together but I managed using a mallett to get every thing in the right spot, the only problem was the MESS; and I managed to get my thumb between the mallett and work during a rather large whak – owk as my grandaughter says. Not condusive to my occupation as a pro musician, gig tomorrow too.
Anyway here are some pics (I didn’t put a pic of my multi coloured and bloody thumb in).
-- "These are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others." ... Cheers, David from Sydney Australia