Yesterday the last thing I did was cut up that big walnut board and laminate two pieces for the leg vise. Took it out of the clamps this morning and I think I’ll wait for this Sunday before going forward with it.
After I was done yesterday, I was in the house and heard this big crash. I never did find out what it was until this morning I saw the walnut glue up had fallen off my table saw and bent one of my hand screw clamps. Oops.
In the meantime, I worked on the dog block for the tail vise. Yesterday I used a piece of scrap and routed a dog hole using my handy router jig and glued up a 3/8” backer to it like the dog hole strip. This morning I took it out of the clamps and planed it to thickness so there was 1/32” gap on each side in the slot. Then cut the notch out and screwed it in. It took a bit longer to get this far than it sounds, I was really taking my time here. Once I got it mounted and tested the travel with no rubbing, I took it back out and ran it across the table saw to cut off the top making it sit flush.
I also had to get a few dogs made up. This was easier than I thought it would be. I only made four, I don’t really think I need more than that and I don’t want to spend all day doing it.
The last thing was to ease the edges on the dogs and the dog holes. I only did the tail vise end but I’ll do the rest later.
Thanks for reading and have a great day.
-- "I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knives and bear skins."