So this is taking too long, I’m impatient. I called the wood supplier last week and was told that more 8/4 hard maple would be in the store on Tuesday. I called Tuesday and was told Wednesday. Called Wednesday and was told Thursday. I give up, so I went south to anther supplier in Eugene and I was only able to find one suitable board to complete the legs and one really nice 8/4 piece of walnut for the chop and the deadman. While I was there I got a call from the shop in portland that they had indeed received the batch of hard maple. This was all yesterday, so today I went up and was able to almost fill out my materials list except two boards for the top and a small chunk of walnut for the end cap.
I got it all home and stacked. My sawhorses are feelin’ the strain. The seem to be holding up well though.
I have enough to start though. I have to work tomorrow and I have a new ripping blade arriving on Monday, so I should be able to start milling boards on Monday. I have enough top boards to do all of the laminations except the dog hole strip and the face strip so I should be able to get all of the first round of top glue-ups done then.
Well, that’s all I can talk about for now. The work starts for real on Monday. Woo-Hoo!
-- "I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knives and bear skins."