I finally got the time to go to woodcraft this week and I picked up a piece of 3/4” UHMW poly to be used for a fence face. It sat until today, Easter, when I got the time to work on it. I cut it to length, cut the top corners off at a 45º and cleaned up the edges with a file. I counter sunk the screw holes and tapped the steel .for the 1/4-20 stainless steel screws.
I didn’t have the fence supported very well on the drill press, so a couple of the holes in the steel didn’t quite line up properly with the holes in the poly, and I had to ream out the poly on a few holes and still didn’t get the one on the far end to line up so I just left the screw out for now.
I picked up a clamp thingy for my beam caliper that fits in the miter slot and adjusted the table to the miter slots to within .001”, and then found the fence poly face was true 90º to the table. Then I adjusted the set screws to align the fence to the miter slots to within 0.001”.
Well that’s it, Jumberjocks, my Unisaw is done. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading, and hope someone will find something in here useful.
-- "I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knives and bear skins."