I just posted part 2 of this series on YouTube. Click here to view it.
In this episode, I clean up the base after letting the glue dry overnight, then I cut a hole in the top to accept the organ leg post and I modify the organ leg post to make it ready to install into the base.
Due to the low audio on my voice in part one I decided to try something different on this one by overdubbing myself describing what is going on. I’ve seen other people on YouTube do this and I think it helped. I don’t have an external mic or anything and I’m recording on my iPad so I’m trying more now to speak a little louder.
I’m still working on it currently and can’t wait to get done. I’m staining and finishing the base now and I still haven’t decided what to do as far as hooks go. I can drill some holes and insert dowels, but I’m not sure there is enough meat there as it gets pretty narrow at the top and I don’t want it to look stupid.
Anyway, if you missed part one it is here.
If you missed why I’m making this and recording it, read my previous blog post.
-- Chris, http://www.youtube.com/CMRwoodworks , Proverbs 16:9