Found these prints a while back and so it’s time to get er made.
Had to enlarge it by 150% with my copier then I shortened it so it would match my other cars.
If I can get the wheels to 1” on the plans I know it’s all to scale, for my train.
So got out in the shop before it got to hot and got the sides made up.
I’d been thinking on this one for a while so had a pretty good idea how I wanted to do it.
Re-sawed some 3/4 oak down to 3/8 and planed it, then cut out the bottom and sides.
I then made some 1/4” lumber to be the braces and glued them on really good they’ll be holding every thing together so need to be strong..
Set the table saw to cut the sides for the slats and just barely nick the brace wood.
So now I have slats and the braces are holding it all together.
So tomorrow will be door and glue up the sides and add trim, then on to the roof.
I don’t have any more wheels so will need to make those also.
One thing I should note I use Gorilla super glue and then when I add finish I use Wetco Danish oil finish and the two blend together so the glue doesn’t show.
This is a little thicker glue and doesn’t run much.
There is a lot in the bottle so it lasts a long time.
My wife got me the Gorilla jelled super glue [in the green bottle] and I didn’t like it at all, you had to shake it every time you wanted to use it and lasted no time.
I hate to buy those little bottles of glue and there’s hardly any thing in them.
That’s all folks.
-- There's a hundred ways to do anything, alot depends on the tools at hand.