Starting to put the tank together, make the radiator,roof and play with the axles.
Yesterday I cut the tank in three for the partitions then glued up one side of each partition and quit for the day and spent the evening trying to come up with a way to make sure the partitions followed the shape of the tank.
Here’s what it looks like all together but still only one side of each partition is glued.
So here’s one way to solve the problem.
Made a jig to sand the edges of the partitions to get them to match the tank sides.
In the picture you see a round wood form nailed to the table it is about 1/4” bigger than the sanding drum I used. [I would have loved to uses a bigger drum but this is the one that fit 1/4 bigger than any hole saw I had on hand.]
I tacked the form to the table then put a drill bit in the drill to center the drill to the form.
Now the drum will be centered with the form.
[I wish I would have had a large bearing for my flush router bit could have done the job in minutes]
Next took a thin pencil and scribed a line around the partition to know where to cut with the band saw.
Cut clear of the mark want the sander to do the main shaping.
Didn’t like the way they do the axle on these plans, wanted a real axle not one that’s part of the frame.
Just some put together shots not glued up yet.
That’s all folks.
-- There's a hundred ways to do anything, alot depends on the tools at hand.