Been using the sanding disk on the SS more and more with all the model making I’ve been doing so needed to get the cyclone hooked up to control at least some of the dusty mess.
Wanted it to be a quick change over so here’s my out fit so far.
I should add that I don’t have the newer sanding disk that will work with the newer SS’s saw guard.
I bought my saw 2003 used and all the tools that came with it are for the table saw but for $400
I’m not complaining. LOL
Started with some scrounged teak particle board from a chest o drawers.
First made a box to fit under the table and went wide enough so the disk sander can move around 4”.
Then I added a 2by4 to the bottom that just fits between the bars. [5” sticks in my head?]
I then screwed one of those bolts that’s a screw on one end and a bolt on the other [sorry can’t think of it’s name] in the center of the 2by4.
The 2/4 is just a bit thinner than the SS’s bars so when you add a small plywood board to the bolt and bolt it down it clamps the box down tight.
Now with the nob you can take the box on and off in a minute.
Next I drilled a hole for the vac hose.
I just happened to have an old adopter but you can find them at both Lowes and HD for around $10 but I’m sure you could make some thing that would work just as well.
I use it with the vac end at the back of the ss and added a small board to the top of the open end to help stop it from blowing out the back and get picked up by the vac..
You could make it a smaller top this would catch more of the dust but I move the disk in and out a lot so wouldn’t work for me, but if you don’t need to move the disk a smaller top would work much better.
It’s not perfect but it’s way better then nothing.
Hope this is useful to some of you.
That’s all focks.
-- There's a hundred ways to do anything, alot depends on the tools at hand.