Ok….The pics below show the ends of the base. I’ve got the long rails glued and just need to clean then up and run them through the planer one last time. I also worked last night and laid out the final 4 mortises (I hope!). I will post...
|View Mike's:||home||workshop||projects (1)||blog (5)||reviews (0)||forum topics (0)||buddies (0)||favorites (0)||activity log|
None so far
25 posts in 2339 days
Location: Indian Trail, NC
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 1 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 5 »
Well…the temp outside dropped pretty quickly (lower 80’s) this evening and I was able to get out in the garage and work on the base some more. I had a noble idea of hand chiseling the mortises for the rest of the base. I don’t mi...
I finished the mortises in the first foot last week and when I slid the legs in I had a little problem. One of the legs wasn’t quite square to the foot. I decided to take a little more material out of the mortise and the tenon will be wedged...
Here is the next installment of the workbench base WIP. The feet are glued and cleaned up and I’ve drilled out excess material in the mortises. I’ve got 3 out of 4 mortises cleaned up and the fit it pretty good. I am going to use draw ...
I figured I might as well start a blog on my adventure of building a workbench base. I bought an old pattern makers maple benchtop (2 7/8” x 36” x 69”) from a friend a couple months ago and have had it sitting in my gar….s...