or Join Now!
Can anyone tell me the length of a blade for my 14” Buffalo model BP-VBS-14 band saw? Thanks
-- Harris, North Carolina
home | projects | blog
16 posts in 1721 days
By subscribing to the RSS feed you will be notified when new entries are posted on this blog.
8084 posts in 2846 days
#1 posted 02-14-2012 03:55 PM
Can’t help with the specific saw, however, you can use a piece of wire, cable or non stretching rope and a large paper clamp and clamp one end to the top wheel and loop it around the bottom wheel and back up to the clamped end. Then, mark and measure.
-- Gene 'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
1610 posts in 2880 days
#2 posted 02-14-2012 04:10 PM
99% of the 14” saws I have seen take a 93 1/2” blade. That being said it is either that or the other 1% which would be 93”. My bet is the 93 1/2
-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their therapist....email@example.com
Craftsman on the lake
2505 posts in 2855 days
#3 posted 02-14-2012 04:15 PM
Better measure it. Mine is 80”
-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.
#4 posted 02-14-2012 04:19 PM
Yeah, measure it. Mine’s 72”. But it’s a Shopsmith.
3292 posts in 3240 days
#5 posted 02-14-2012 08:50 PM
Call the folks over at Timber Wolf , I bet they will know just give them the model no. and while your at it put in a order great blade good luck…Blkcherry
#6 posted 02-14-2012 10:56 PM
Thanks for the great responses everyone. I’ll let you know how it all works out.
507 posts in 2652 days
#7 posted 02-15-2012 02:19 AM
Measure the distance between the axles. Multiply that by two. Since you have 14” wheels, the distance around one circle is pi x diameter, or 3.142×14 = 43.96 (we’ll call that 44”). Since the blade only goes around half of each wheel, you don’t need to figure out anything else (for a 3-wheeled band saw, you’d have to take half the circumference for each wheel plus the distance between each axle).
So, if the distance between axles is 18”, you’d have 2×18” + 44” = 80” (must be what Craftsman has). A 6” riser block would put it in the 92-94” range.
-- The difference between being defeated and admitting defeat is what makes all the difference in the world - Upton Sinclair, "The Jungle"
#8 posted 02-15-2012 02:05 PM
Jimi-C, thanks for the great post. I’ll check it out.
Jeff in Huntersville
404 posts in 2612 days
#9 posted 02-15-2012 02:31 PM
Harris,I did a Google search and came up with this post for an old auction. There’s a picture on the page that shows the name plate. It’s a bit blurry but it looks to me like it says the blade length is 92”. Does it look the same to you? Silly question, but does your’s still have the nameplate?
#10 posted 02-16-2012 01:47 PM
Jeff, thanks for the reply. It sure looks like 92” to me. For some reason mine doesn’t have this plate. Thanks again.
3599 posts in 1905 days
#11 posted 02-16-2012 02:52 PM
-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!
#12 posted 02-29-2012 05:11 PM
#13 posted 02-29-2012 10:52 PM
MedicKen. thanks – I’ll try it.
1 post in 1718 days
#14 posted 03-09-2012 03:40 AM
IF YOUR STILL LOOKING FOR:
I have a manual of the Buffalo Bandsaw model no. BP-VBS-14 that came with mine when I bought it back in the 70’s. If any one needs a copy, I would be more than happy to copy & email to you. Just let me know and give me a day or two to get it out to you.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Pulse page »
©2016 Verticalscope Inc. All Rights Reserved. |
Terms of Service
DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.
Latest Projects |
Latest Blog Entries |
Latest Forum Topics