Well I found out that I am really in need of a plough plane with a small iron or a kerfing plane before I can get accurate enough resawing. You can see my attempt at it on the first board I had dimensioned. By the time I was finished I didn’t have enough material left to make the sides from. So I used a piece of pine I had laying around that was already dimensioned to make the sides and bottom. Those are now dovetailed and fitting quite nicely. Using this lumber was not without its own challenges. The board was cupped pretty good. But by clamping the boards flat to the workbench I was able to layout and cut accurate dovetails. Also when the shelf goes in the middle it will be glued and screwed to remove any small cup that remains on the side pieces.