Well this is my first blog and I am going to take a chance and try to upload an image of my new cherry dining room table from flickr and see how it goes.
This project is just getting started really…I began the thought of this last year in December when we sold our house. The guy who was going to buy the house wanted a bunch of our furniture so we negotiated that into the deal.
Well that deal fell through. I had already purchased the extension mechanism to build a dining room table to replace the one we were going to lose. Still had the old table and chairs so I put the project on hold.
We moved to our current house that had a pole barn without electricity. So before I could get things going on my table project, I had to wire up the barn…Nightmare…My best buddy is a commercial electrician. So he instructed me on how to run wire underground, so I rented a trencher and I buried the wire…He then helped me run the electricity and I was back in business
This is my progress…I am really moving forward now…I have completed one half of the table and all 4 legs. I put on a coat of BLO to make the grain pop and to see where I need to spend some more time sanding…Looks pretty good so far I think. I am finishing the gluing of the other side of the table top as we speak and some of the leaves that will go in when the table is pulled out. I think that I can probably have it together by the end of the week. I will add more photos as I make more progress.
Thanks for looking,
-- Science Teacher by Day, Wood Butcher by Night!!