Well, the good news first; the client wishes to proceed with the conversion! The bad news is the client wishes to proceed with the conversion. I can no longer think about it, now I have to do it.
The first order of business was to remove the shelves by cutting them out, squaring the ends of the 3/8” dadoes, then filling the dadoes in (used portions of the removed shelving).
Second order of business was to fill in the gap in the lid where the butler tray was housed (also used the shelving remnants).
The top was originally built in two layers, so it was relatively easy to recess a piano hinge in the back to serve as the top of the inner cocktail glass container.
While the doors were off, I added a 1/8” bead detail to the left door to match the detail of the right door.
There we are for now. The lumber is surfaced and ready to start cutting out the pieces of the wine rack and the cocktail glass box. I’ve got about 3 hours total invested to date and looking forward to cooler weather (my shop is environmentally climate controlled by raising and lowering the large door in the front)
Thanks for looking in. Any and all appropriate comments will be responded to, though not necessarily in a timely manner.
-- Greg, No. Cal. - "Gaudete in Domino Semper"