My 1 3/4” oval head #8’s came in last week and I got back on task. Soliciting help from 2 friends, we spent about 9 man hours cleaning off the old racks and installing the new ones. Using bees wax as a lubricant, we were able to drive the installation screws without having to pilot each of five mounting screws which sped up the process greatly and reduced the mess on the floor (a win-win as the saying goes). My concern with contrasting finish color, I believe, turned out to be much ado about nothing.
Aside from having to return to plug old screw holes, my job here is done. From speaking with a few of the parishioners who have seen the new racks, they all seem to be pleased with the outcome and the “neatened” appearance
Thanks for look’in in and may all of you have a pleasant and productive summer.
-- Greg, No. Cal. - "Gaudete in Domino Semper"