Actually, I’m finished with this little project, but I didn’t want to post it as such since it only took about 2 hours to complete and I am not going to “finish” it. Well anyway, I’m in charge of putting together a little charitable solicitation event that we do every year (25th this year!) and going through the supplies I came up with one poster easel short. Well, I figured that I can fix that! So I ripped up some 1 1/2” strips of leftover 1/2” ply for the three legs of the easel. To splay the outside legs at 30 deg.s, I ripped some stock at 15 deg to use as spacers
To stabilize the front legs, I just full lapped a piece of 1 1/2” ply and stapled and glued it together.
I notched the back leg so that it would fold flat.
Then I cut up a piece of leftover 1/4” ply to mount the poster to and stapled it to the outside legs and the lapped brace. Just so it didn’t look too amateurish, I cut the feet at the appropriate open angle with a 15 deg. bevel and …....walaah!, a free standing poster easel.
Thanks for spending a few minutes with me. This goes to show that not all projects need to be heirloom quality, they sometimes just need to get the job done.
-- Greg, No. Cal. - "Gaudete in Domino Semper"