Due to unforeseen circumstances, my previous blog posts are not viewable at this time. So if there are any questions about this project, leading up to this assembly process, I’ll be more than happy to answer them.
I did not consider the fact that, with the curve of the frame, that the cleats would need clearance in order to have my slats close together like I want. I sanded a profile on each cleat as seen in this first photo. However, if I had thought about this before, it would have been much easier to have cut the cleats at a slight angle when I made them.
Also, some of the cleats had to be cut to fit around certain parts of the frame. I had to just do this as I came to it. Beings as I’m using old frames, no two frames were identical anyway.
You can see in this photo how the pieces in the photo before it fits around the cross brace on the frame.
In other areas the slats had to be cut to fit around the frame parts, such as in this photo.
In this photo, of the beginning of the back, you can see better how the cleats hold the slats in place.
And here they are.
This only shows two of them, but all four chairs are assembled and ready for finish.
That’ll be in my next blog entry.