I’ve been wanting a second bandsaw and a friend offered to give me this old Ridgid. I went and picked it up on Sat and did massive cleaning and dismantleing first. The wheels had black electrical tape rather than tires (a new trick?). I replaced the tires with Carter urethane (way too pricey @ $25 EACH) but that was all I could find short notice. The table top was really rusty and nasty but the palm sander and WD40 made short work of that. I made a wooden crank for the tensioner as it works much faster than the little knob that came on it (and I like to detension it every time I turn it off). I had a Carter Stabilizer on my big saw but it wouldn’t fit on this one. Carter’s adapter was $60 plus shipping so I got the mig out, welded 2 pieces of tubing together, added a nut for a set screw, and installed. Works like a dream. Just posted this to encourage others to save some money. Edit: the stand was a little wobbly but a half lapped frame took the wobble out. The pink box contains all the “leftover” parts (original guides,bearings,etc).
-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm