Fellow Lumber Jocks,
I just recently became a member here at LJ”s and happened onto a forum topic, posted by bryano (thanks Bryan) that made my heart skip a beat. It as about keeping up with your pencil.
I desperately need and want your input on an invention that I have a temporary patent on. I have it in the hands of a marketing firm at this time. However in a couple of months, I will have to file for a full patent and I will have to hire a patent attorney for that, which will cost me big time.
I have invested a lot of time and money in this over the past year and Before I go full bore, I would appreciate your input. Just to see if there is even a market for a item like this out there ?
I designed this ( using Sketchup) with the woodworker, carpenter and do it your self person in mind. I will appreciate any and all input that is given. (good or bad) “So here goes”!
The item name is Handi-Marks and it will preform the following tasks .
• you will always be able to keep up with your pencil, construction pencil or bic style pen.
• has a built- in combination pencil sharpener
• has a 10’ nylon retracting line attached to the pencil that can be locked in place
• has a built-in level
• will have either a small watch or compass in the top
• when used in conjunction with a laser pointer, it will become a laser level with laser lines coming out both sides
• will have a small retractable box knife
• will mount almost any where. clip it to your belt or shirt ,on the sun visor or dash, hang over work stations, also it has a magnet mounted on the belt clip
• can make small measurements 0” Thur 2” marked in 1/16ths on the front side and metric on the reverse side
• will have a small protractor on one corner adjacent to a triangular hook used for hanging or just hook it over a nail and simply lock the string to the desired length to draw a arch or circle
• it will come with 2 weighted pencil adapters, that will allow you to use the pencil as a
plumb bob and the adapters will have Velcro attached to keep pencil from just dangling
-- Gene, a Christian in Virginia