After using the sawmill for awhile I have found a few issues needing some slight improvements.
The v-belt would loosen up after some use and then the belt would squeal. I added a belt tensioner to the motor mount and now it only squeals when starting.
The bearings I used for the blade guides worked great except they would seize up after a while and changing them was a pain. I decided to try wooden guides using iron wood. I changed the bolt out to a threaded rod for easy changing of the guides for when they wear out. The guides have a slot in them for some adjusting. The first set lasted for 1000 bdft. The current set has 300 bdft and showing no signs of wear.
I kept having to sweep out the rails after each pass and that was just a pain. So I decided to add some sweeps made from and old broken stable broom. So far I haven’t had to do any sweeping.
The log holders were also a pain as I always had to use a wrench to tighten and loosen them. I wanted something I could just drop in and pull out quickly and came up with this. There are two tall, two medium and two short log stops. The other side of the log still uses the old ones in the T-slot.
So far all is working great and I have cut approx. 3000 bdft with lots more to come. My dads bush has some large white ash that have the Emarld Ash Borer in them and the trees are dying so lots to cut.